With video marketing moving at the speed of light, it’s easy to get wild-eyed about your workflow.
The general wisdom is to produce, produce, produce – which is the YouTube marketing equivalent of the fool’s adage, “Any decision is better than no decision.”
But content, and its consumers, have been around for a long time. And the thread that connects them has always been simpler than strategy, more powerful than promotion, and greater than hype.
At vidIQ, YouTube and YouTube marketing is our business – so we get it. It seems necessary to surrender to the daily scramble to produce, produce, produce on your channel. It’s easy to lose sight of the real goals of video marketing, to get lost in the endless lists of “YouTube Tips and Tricks” and to worship the newly-deified metrics of “Subscribers” and “Total Views.”
Instead, sit back for a moment – just one moment in this hypnotically hectic world of newsfeeds – to consider the wisdom of great creators who have come before you.
It’s more comforting than cat pictures, I promise.
1. “Every action needs to be prompted by a motive.” – Leonardo da Vinci
You must make content with a purpose.
2. “Of all our inventions for mass communication, pictures still speak the most universally understood language.” – Walt Disney
It’s not enough to communicate, video marketing can make you understood.
3. “Wherever you go, go with all your heart.” – Confucius
Commitment to your content and campaigns is integral to success.
4. “Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.” – Aristotle
Do only what you enjoy, if you want to do it well.
5. “Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.” – John Lennon
Don’t waste time on pursuits you don’t enjoy.
6. “Information is not knowledge.” – Albert Einstein
Data without direction is trivial.
7. “A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.” – William Shakespeare
You don’t know everything, and that’s okay.
8. “Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.” – Helen Keller
It takes a village to succeed in content.
The last 20 years, and the mass adoption of the internet, have created the illusion that human beings can build complete digital worlds, will new markets into existence, and create content for viral consumption, all at once and all by themselves. But, as with all human endeavor, we stand on the shoulders of giants.
Moreover, we stand together.
Look to the history of marketing – or, heck, just the history of history – and you’ll find an unbroken chain of collaboration, experimentation, and creation.
At vidIQ, we know YouTube and we know you know content.
Maybe we should create something together?
Click here to request a demo of our YouTube marketing software.
Or, click here to download our free Chrome extension.
See this blog as a presentation by checking us out on SlideShare. Followers welcome!